High Velocity Therapy Grand Rounds II
Review case studies demonstrating the use of high velocity therapy for the adult, pediatric and neonatal patient in different types of respiratory failure.
- Compare mechanisms of action of high velocity therapy to Noninvasive Positive Pressure Ventilation (NiPPV).
- Review the clinical evidence that supports high velocity therapy as a mask-free form of Noninvasive Ventilation (NIV).
- Reference the unique product code and indications for use FDA cleared to high velocity therapy.
- Explain the difference between high velocity therapy and large bore nasal cannula heated humidified high flow systems.
- Review case studies demonstrating the use of high velocity therapy for the adult, pediatric and neonatal patient in different types of respiratory failure.
- Dr. McQueen, MD, MBA
- Dr. Hinkley, MD, FACEP
- Dr. Hennessey, DO, FACEP
Dr. Hinkley has been a board-certified Emergency Medicine Physician for over 11 years. He is the Emergency Medicine Medical Director of Commonwealth Health EMS, where he maintains clinical oversight of several EMS units, and he practices as an Emergency Physician in Scranton, PA. Dr. Hinkley is also the Director of Emergency Department Education at Vapotherm. He went to medical school on a United States Air Force Scholarship and served in Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom as a critical care air transport team leader and flight surgeon. Dr. Hinkley is an experienced user of Vapotherm high velocity therapy.