How an Awake and Walking ICU Saves Lives
Have a shift in perspective and understanding of appropriate use of prolonged sedation.
Kali Dayton, DNP presents: "How an Awake and Walking ICU Saves Lives". In this course you'll go over the following:
- Understand the patient's perspective of sedation, delirium, and immobility.
- Have a shift in perspective and understanding of appropriate use of prolonged sedation.
- Understand the impact of the sedation and immobility culture on patients' short and long-term outcomes.
- Be aware of current research supporting changes to sedation and mobility practices.
- Understand current research demonstrating the role of mobility in patients' short and long-term outcomes.
- Be empowered to humanize the ICU by avoiding sedation and optimizing mobility.
Kali Dayton, DNP, AGACNP, is a critical care nurse practitioner and host of “Walking Home from The ICU” podcast. She has dedicated her experiences from an “Awake and Walking ICU” to elevate ICU sedation and mobility practices by working to align them with current research. She works with ICU teams internationally to transform patient outcomes through early mobility and management of delirium in the ICU.